Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Why I Hate the War...Nickel!

Why I Hate the War Nickel...let me count the ways!

1. APMEX wants to charge me $21 to buy 20 of you, but will pay me only $16 if I want to sell them back! That kind of depreciation makes me want to drive an expensive sportscar off a dealership lot as a superior investment!

2. You're the ugliest coin on the planet!

3. You perpetuate the stereotype that a nickel might be worth something!

4. You're made from 56% copper, 35% silver and 9% manganese. What the heck is manganese?

5. OK. You helped beat the Nazis and the Japanese by giving up your nickel content for the war effort. But, what have you done lately for the US?

6. People talk about your silver melt price. What crap! No refinery would have them even though it is currently legal to melt these silver nickels! The extra energy costs because of the strange alloy means refineries would rather have 90%, 80%, or even 40% coins any day before touching the old war nickel.

7. Some 1942 nickels have silver in them and some don't! What?! No, I don't want to look at the reverse and look for the extra big mint mark above Jeff's Monticello!

8. Did I mention you're ugly...and your Momma is fat?!

9. & 10. This one is worth two because it irritates me soooo much. I can't tell you how many times I've read some post on a survival site about some knucklehead who got himself a real deal way below the spot silver price by purchasing these coin abominations. Look cheese-head, you get what you pay for! Heck, they should've been paying you to hall these ugly sons of an unknown father and a morally lax mother away to the nearest landfill!

The War Nickel has, and always will, occupy the lowest rung of the silver coin ladder. In a real apocalyptic emergency you will NEVER convince a non-collector that these blackish coins have silver in them. Besides, they're called...a NICKEL! Most people think they have...NICKEL in them!

My advice? Open up your wallet and buy some 90% junk silver dimes, quarters, halves, dated pre-1965 in the USA, and you might actually be able to trade in the future.

Time is running out fast! Hyperinflation seems unavoidable as fiat paper money is being printed as fast as the US presses can run. To protect your wealth and your family, buy gold and silver now from these top companies, APMEX Gold and Silver and Silver American Eagles.

Rick


Buy Gold Online Today at APMEX.com

1 comment:

  1. Funny article. Made me stop bidding on an otherwise nice lot of silver. Who needs 'em!

    ReplyDelete