Thursday, October 17, 2013

WTF are Zombucks?

Excuse my French, but just WTF are Zombucks? I found myself asking this very question while cruising the Provident Metals gold, silver, copper website. Apparently, they are private rounds available in silver and copper from the Provident website in one ounce form. The pricing is just a hair under an American Silver Eagle one ounce coin.

When I first saw these "rounds" I figured it was a gag coin of some sort. Certainly nothing precious that might interest me from an investment or survival standpoint. However, it turns out that they are indeed serious attempts at alternative money in a post-dollar world! Believe me, I do have a great sense of humor, and can appreciate irony and satire in all of its forms. However, we're talking about survival here, not a stand up comedy routine at your local Improv. Survival in a world with a devalued or valueless dollar is very serious, and preparations for such an occurrence are crucial. The aforesaid preps may even mean the difference between life and death for yourself and your family. I don't know about you, but I have ZERO interest in explaining to some trading partner that my money isn't a joke, but real silver, copper, etc.

I think I'll stick with junk US silver (pre-1965 dimes, quarters, halves, dollars) and American Silver Eagles. When people are hungry they're not in the mood for wry humor! Using some silver round with a zombie image on it just might get you shot by a potential trading partner who doesn't get the lame joke. As a normal living human I can die from a bullet anywhere on my body, not just the zombie kill shot to the head!

Rick



2 comments:

  1. Rick,

    I don't think you're seeing the big picture regarding Zombucks. I would love to talk to you more about this but not in a public forum. By the way great you tube videos. I like the way you present the information. I'm sure you're not done posting and have more on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick,

    I don't think you're seeing the big picture regarding Zombucks. I would love to talk to you more about this but not in a public forum. By the way great you tube videos. I like the way you present the information. I'm sure you're not done posting and have more on the way.

    ReplyDelete